As the hiring manager, it provides you with an opportunity to have a virtual face-to-face interview with a prospective candidate –from any location. It can also work to provide your potential candidate with an introduction to your corporate culture.
More hiring managers and recruiters are using video recruiting as an important component to their candidate search. In addition, many HR managers are earning their masters in human resources management to better understand and utilize how to use video recruiting to ensure their company’s continued success.
How Does Video Help with Recruiting?
Imagine handling all of these videos through a simple-to-use site like YouTube. That’s really all there is to it. If you are unsure how video can play a role in your recruitment efforts, simply consider the following.
- Video allows for expression, a factor very much lost in the world of paper resumes and email messages. The viewer will spend as much as 15-minutes on this platform at one time, though.
- If you look at just how readily accessible YouTube is, you can see its power. It has more than 800 million users and 4 billion views each day.
- Companies are using this method and seeing results. Career postings on the site resulted in a 34 percent increase in applications completed by candidates for many of those organizations.
- More so, videos appear in about 70 percent of all search engine results.
So, what does this mean to you? You are a business owner who needs the best candidates out there, but you’ve never really thought about a video component to the hiring process. Here’s how it can work for you.
- Set up an account with the site.
- Then, add videos that range from job advertisements, to career portals, to any other recruitment tool you need to use.
- Use scripts to help introduce candidates to you.
- You only need a three or four minute video to get attention. You can use your laptops already-built-in video recording software and camera to do the work for you.
- Edit it down and include your company’s brand name.
- Then, upload the video to the YouTube account you’ve already created.
- There’s no cost to this entire process.
Video gives you a voice and allows you to showcase what your company has to offer. You can include email addresses and newsletters in the video presentation so that active candidates have a way to get in touch with you. Tell the world about your videos. Let them see who you are and what you have to offer.